- Number of international students studying in the UK higher education in 2017-2018: 458,490
- Percentage of international students that account for the UKs total student population: 19.6%
- Percentage of international undergraduate students: 14%
- Percentage international graduate students: 35.8%
- The top 5 sending countries for international students to the UK in 2017-2018: China, India, USA, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- Percentage of Chinese students at UK higher education institution that make up all international students: 23.2%
- Top sending countries within the EU to the UK for higher education: Italy, France and German..
- Percentage of international students satisfied with their experience studying at UK universities: 90% (per UUKi research)
- Percentage of international students satisfied or very satisfied with the support they received while studying in the UK: 80%.
High quality education
UK universities have an impressive international reputation and rank among the best in the world – did you know that four of the global top ten universities are in the UK! Research carried out by UK universities also impacts our lives every day, and is internationally renowned for its excellence. By studying in the UK, you’ll be immersing yourself in centuries of high quality academia.
International students are welcomed/b>
The UK has a long history of welcoming international students to study at its universities, and those who decide to study in the UK will be rubbing shoulders with some of the brightest minds from all corners of the globe..
Variety of courses
SI-UK’s course search showcases the wide variety of courses available for international students to choose from, whatever your age, ability or interest. If you wish to study subjects such as business, alongside hospitality and tourism in a dual honours degree, you can!
High standards of teaching
UK universities are inspected regularly by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education to ensure that they maintain the high standards of learning which are expected. As a student you will get the opportunity to be taught by the world’s leading academics and to be creative and develop skills sets and confidence.
Work while you study
International students who study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at a recognized university are allowed to work part-time during term for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the holidays.
- Bellerbys College
- Cardiff University International Study Centre
- Coventry University London International Study Centre
- Durham University International Study Centre
- Keele University International Study Centre
- Kingston University, London International Study Centre
- Lancaster University International Study Centre
- Leeds Beckett University International Study Centre
- Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre
- Royal Holloway, University of London International Study Centre
- University of Aberdeen International Study Centre
- University of Huddersfield International Study Centre
- University of Huddersfield London
- University of Leeds International Study Centre
- University of Lincoln International Study Centre
- University of Sheffield International College
- University of Strathclyde International Study Centre (Scotland)
- University of Surrey International Study Centre
- University of Sussex International Study Centre
- West London College